Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- “I was amazed at how easy Steve, Lynda, and their team made the whole moving process for me. I would gladly recommend them to anyone requiring moving services."
M.W., August 2015
- “I was very happy with everyone I dealt with. From my coordinator to all of my packers and my driver and team. It was a great move!"
P.E., August 2015
- “Our driver was terrific and he kept everyone moving. The unload was difficult due to the driveway but the crew remained positive even with the heat."
C.M., August 2015
- "Being in business myself for years, the first thing that impressed me was the fact that they were on time. To be exact, 5min early! Pete was very easy to deal with and never hesitated to answer any questions my wife and I had. What an awesome person that represents your company. 110% professional."
R.V., August 2015
- “Our entire loading crew should be recognized for a superior job. They never complained, were light hearted when they needed to be and they made the process almost enjoyable. Thank you!"
C.S., August 2015