Search Available Positions
INDEPENDENT OWNER OPERATOR
Description: Armstrong is the largest booker and hauler of household goods for United Van Lines—the largest van line in the moving and storage industry. Independent Owner Operators receive personalized interstate dispatching to guarantee maximum revenue potential. In addition to over-the-road transportation, additional responsibilities include on-site leadership of packing, inventorying, padding, loading, transportation, unloading and unpacking. Learn why Independent Owner Operators enjoy driving for Armstrong.
Requirements: All applicants must have:
- Class A CDL with clean MVR
- Household goods unloading and loading moving experience
- Clean drug screening and background check
- Desire and drive to deliver a quality customer experience
Benefits: Independent Owner Operators are eligible for the following:
- Quality labor and van operator skills training
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based incentives
- Medical benefits
All interested applicants, please provide your contact information in the form below, and a team member will reach out to you soon. Alternatively, you can submit your cover letter and resume to LancasterHR@goarmstrong.com. All applications are considered active for six months.
- “I was amazed at how easy Steve, Lynda, and their team made the whole moving process for me. I would gladly recommend them to anyone requiring moving services."
M.W., August 2015
- “I was very happy with everyone I dealt with. From my coordinator to all of my packers and my driver and team. It was a great move!"
P.E., August 2015
- “Our driver was terrific and he kept everyone moving. The unload was difficult due to the driveway but the crew remained positive even with the heat."
C.M., August 2015
- "Being in business myself for years, the first thing that impressed me was the fact that they were on time. To be exact, 5min early! Pete was very easy to deal with and never hesitated to answer any questions my wife and I had. What an awesome person that represents your company. 110% professional."
R.V., August 2015
- “Our entire loading crew should be recognized for a superior job. They never complained, were light hearted when they needed to be and they made the process almost enjoyable. Thank you!"
C.S., August 2015